Chantilly Arts & Elegance
The Great Stables (Grandes Écuries) at the Domaine de Chantilly are an architectural masterpiece of the eighteenth century designed by the architect Jean Aubert and commissioned by Louis-Henri, Duke of Bourbon. This “horse palace” houses the Museum of the Horse and is home to a team of talented riders and their horses, donkeys, and ponies. Currently led by Artistic Director, Sophie Bienaimé, the troupe has delighted and entertained thousands of visitors for over thirty years with equestrian shows and dressage demonstrations performed under the majestic dome of the Great Stables.
In 2019, this remarkable ensemble will present the following schedule of performances:
- December 1, 2018 – January 6, 2019: “Songe d’une nuit d’hiver ” (A Midwinter’s Dream)
- March 31, 2019 – June 30, 2019: “Nature”
- July 17, 2019 – August 18, 2019: “Fantaisies équestres” (Equestrian fantasies)
- September 15, 2019 – November 3, 2019: “Nature”
- December 1, 2019 – January 5, 2020: “Contes et légendes de Noël” (Christmas tales and legends)
Chantilly Flower Show
May 17, 2019 – May 19, 2019
Pique-nique en blanc
For the first time, the Domaine de Chantilly is hosting a festive evening inviting members of the public to come dressed in white and to dine on the grounds of the Château in the enchanting English garden which will be illuminated for the occasion. The event this year took place on Saturday, June 23 2018.
For more information about this event, please visit the Domaine de Chantilly website.