In 2006, the management of the Domaine de Chantilly was entrusted by the Institut de France to the Fondation pour la sauvegarde et le développement du Domaine de Chantilly (Fondation de Chantilly), a French foundation created and presided by His Highness the Aga Khan. Over the past decade, an ambitious restoration program has revived a number of rooms in the Château and several areas in the gardens and park, thus reawakening Chantilly’s exceptional splendor and historic legacy.
Notable renovations and improvements to date include:
- Grande Singerie (2007)
- English Garden and Hameau (2008)
- Le Nôtre’s Grand Parterre (2009)
- Petite Singerie and Music Room (2012)
- Jeu de Paume (2012)
- Santuario (2013)
- Maison de Sylvie (2013)
- New Museum of the Horse in the Great Stables (2013)
- Paintings Gallery (2015)
- New Gallery of Prints and Drawings (2017)
Today, the Fondation de Chantilly’s continuing efforts are strengthened through its collaboration with the Friends of the Domaine de Chantilly.